Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why can't I get paid to do this?

By a stroke of luck my blogging assignment was extremely easy this week. I brought up my yahoo browser and there was an article about photoshopping a photo of Demi Moore, that went extremely wrong. Just so everyone knows I don't follow fashion photography and I know that this has nothing to do with nature photography, but I thought this article was fitting since we are discussing editing photos in class.
In the photo part of Demi's left hip seems to vanish, while her clothing remains in the place where her hip should be. I have to agree with the sentiment of the article, how could such a blunder go unnoticed? Especially on the cover of a magazine when I'm sure whoever was involved in the editing made a ton of money. I guess I just find it amusing more than anything. It also teaches the lesson that if you're going to manipulate your photos make sure you pay attention to what you're doing. Trying to manipulate and remove objects can create gaps or holes in your photo that can ruin an image, regardless of the type of photography you're involved in. I've posted two different links covering the same topic below, if you're in the mood for a little amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment